pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 11:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  Transcenders vs. Test King?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Transcenders vs. Test King?  (Read 19230 times)
djmoose

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2003, 05:22:50 PM »

OK, so why does a majority of people on this forum consider it "cheating" if you use Test King...but yet it's totally fine to use Transcenders?

Now, I understand Test King has a lot of EXACT questions and answers...but so does transcenders. Maybe the Transcenders mix up the wording a bit and change the order pf the answers...but come on...I don't see a difference.

moose
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 05:28:45 PM »

One is used by people who have studied and practiced to test their knowledge, the other is used to memorize the answers.

The idea behind practice exams is to test your readiness for an exam, not to use it as preparation.

Do what you will, I guess.
djmoose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 05:37:46 PM »

so...if transcenders populated their practice tests with the same info that's in the Test King sheets...you're saying that's OK?

I dont think you can make the generalization that people use test king sheets to memorize...and people use transcenders to practice...

You don't think people take the transcenders OVER and OVER and OVER again to memorize those questions?

My point is that people on here call someone a cheater for one thing...and support another means which in all intent purposes...is the same thing. (IMHO)

just my two cents....

moose
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 06:03:30 PM »

What is wrong with Testking is that it is sold as the be-all end-all means to study for an exam and that the world is full of chumps that manage to pass the exam, by memorizing the answers. And by your own observation it is stolen material in violation of the NDA. You are free to do as you will. Best of luck in your studies.
djmoose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 06:24:24 PM »

OK, I can agree with you on the marketing aspect.

but still...was just making a point.

Smiley
MajinYami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 02:41:28 PM »

That makes no sence whatsoever, it just sounds like people who passed not wanting others to really do same....
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 08:22:43 PM »

I'd be happy if you have the benefit of studying legitimate materials, practical experience in the lab, a little brush-up with a decent practice exam and a well earned passing mark on the exam. If you think I am promoting something else, let's discuss it.
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 04:37:47 AM »

I used this site for all of my exams. But I also have 5 years of IT experience. The questions, answers, and explanations taught me alot that I didn't use on the job at the time. I also read one to two books for each exam. I would much rather see people paying a little money to pass an exam than pay huge amounts on classes and bootcamps.

As far as test king goes- Ironically, they have many questions with wrong answers and many with wrong explanations. Their material is poor quality, inaccurate and overpriced.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 06:03:52 AM by curiousgeorge » Logged

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
nightstalker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 07:59:32 AM »

I've been using Benchmarque Examiner for my studies, as well as the usual...

Actually i find it pretty good, the answers SEEM accurate, good explainations... Damn it i sound like a cheesy sales pitch...

Mind you, while i'm sounding like one, might as well mention the email i had today. Apparently the latest verion of the software, plus the 4core and electives pack will go on sale tomorrow for ?50.

Ok.. back to the point. I don't think using any particular self-test software makes you a cheater... It's how you use it, not the program itself.

However anyone who uses a braindump is just stupid.....
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 11:15:07 AM »

I agree with the use of legitimate self-test software, that does not contain material that violates the NDA.
nightstalker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 12:39:46 PM »

ok... who edited me post to direct to a braindump?Sad  I resent that.

People who use braindumps cheat those of us who are working hard to get our MCSE, and not only that they are ensuring that when we finally do gain it we will be lumped with the paper MCSE's and useless idiots.

Thank you very much ppl.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 12:43:53 PM by nightstalker » Logged
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

Yeah, it's built in to this site. If you type braindumps or testking the link is put there for you automatically. Not so nice a feature, but a lot of good stand-up folks are here.
hilltops

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 07:20:42 AM »

I have not done a MS exam in a while, I found trancendor good to learn the theory. However if you just want the paper get TestKing. I remember sitting this exam over a year ago. What I found dissapointing was the fact that everybody that sat it got about 900. Have the questions changed since then?
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 08:20:12 AM »

I think the score is irrelavent, if you pass. So did you learn AD Design or 'just get the paper'?
hilltops

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 08:29:40 AM »

A year ago it was impossible to fail, with the exception of if you sat it in January there were new case studies. of the old questions every case studie was discussed to death, every question analized.  I sat it in febuary so had 4 out of the old 6. Has it changed since then?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: