pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 02:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  passed 70-219!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: passed 70-219!  (Read 2869 times)
cckid

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2003, 07:30:13 PM »

I think I just posted this in the wrong forum, so here it is again...

I am new to this forum, but I just wanted to shout it out, I passed the 70-219 exam!
Others have posted that this is an easy exam. Just wanted to say that I did not find it easy at all, it too me a good 2hrs to finish. I was surprised to see that they give you a grade now instead of just pass/fail. I was even more pleased to see that I passed with a 903 out of 1000. Just wanted to tell folks not to take the exam lightly just cause a few folks here didn't find it hard. Read, Read, Read! Lots of little "key words" to look for that make all the difference.

Best of luck to you all!
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 08:59:02 PM »

Congrats!!!

Just to help people out, what book(s), practice exams, labs did you use to prepare?
cckid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 08:11:38 AM »

That would be considerate of me wouldn't it...I used the official MOC and also read a book titled appropriately enough "Designing a Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure" by Curt Simmons. The second book was really just an overview, and not as deep as I had hoped. I also used the Transcenders practice tests, they were a big help. If you have the Transcenders tests, wait until you think you might be ready for the real tests before you start using these.
There are only a few tests and they are easy to memorize after taking them once. Of course they aren't much good after that.
Make sure you know what scenarios will require you to modify the schema and you will have a few easy questions answered from the start! Any time you see that they plan to install Microsoft Exchange or another "Active Directory Integrated" application, you know you have to modify the schema, hence multiple forests...If you miss that you could blow the entire case study!
Tech Ranger
On A Mission

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 04:31:58 AM »

Originally posted by cckid
That would be considerate of me wouldn't it...I used the official MOC and also read a book titled appropriately enough "Designing a Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure" by Curt Simmons. The second book was really just an overview, and not as deep as I had hoped. I also used the Transcenders practice tests, they were a big help. If you have the Transcenders tests, wait until you think you might be ready for the real tests before you start using these.
There are only a few tests and they are easy to memorize after taking them once. Of course they aren't much good after that.
Make sure you know what scenarios will require you to modify the schema and you will have a few easy questions answered from the start! Any time you see that they plan to install Microsoft Exchange or another "Active Directory Integrated" application, you know you have to modify the schema, hence multiple forests...If you miss that you could blow the entire case study!

It is not neccessary to have multiple forests in order to modify the schema.  This is neccessary if you want to have more than one schema.

The Computer is a creation of man.  Man is a creation of God! -  
Joe from Brooklyn
PCDude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 02:20:34 PM »

Congratulations!

~PCDude~
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 02:31:43 PM »

Congrats on your pass!

- -- Anti Dublin Crew -- -
setbgapt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2003, 06:20:34 PM »

Congrats, taking the test on the 11:th this month, thanks for all the info........

Pedro

"Don`t be to optimistic, the light at the end of the tunnel could be a train"
Cheesy
Tarzanboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2003, 09:24:10 PM »

Congratulations on the pass.

Now where do I get a copy of Tech Rangers' "Zen and the Art of Schema Maintenance"? Wink

Cheers,
TB
Tech Ranger
On A Mission

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2003, 09:25:28 PM »

Originally posted by Tarzanboy
Congratulations on the pass.

Now where do I get a copy of Tech Rangers' "Zen and the Art of Schema Maintenance"? Wink

Cheers,
TB

It is already within you.

Joe from Brooklyn
Tarzanboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2003, 10:39:59 PM »

Are you saying I need to braindump?

Cheers,
TB
Tech Ranger
On A Mission

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2003, 10:45:08 PM »

Originally posted by Tarzanboy
Are you saying I need to braindump?

Cheers,
TB

That which is dumped from your own brain can be consumed again to enrich you.  This not cheating.  Breathe deeply.

Joe from Brooklyn
cckid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2003, 11:16:43 AM »

Posted by Tech Ranger:
It is not neccessary to have multiple forests in order to modify the schema. This is neccessary if you want to have more than one schema.

Posted by me:
Of course that is correct.
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my little "advice" post above about modifying the schema...I was merely pointing out the red flag to look for in possible exam questions. If one domain wants to use an AD Integrated application, like Exchange 2000,and another one does not, its a quick heads up that you will probably be dealing with multiple forests.
A large part of the exam is looking for "key words", and that is one of them. Sure, both domains could still exist in that newly modified schema forest in reality but that is not what they are trying to get you to see. The only way they will know if you caught it is to have an answer that involves multiple forests.
Tech Ranger
On A Mission

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2003, 09:27:27 PM »

Any time you see that they plan to install Microsoft Exchange or another "Active Directory Integrated" application, you know you have to modify the schema, hence multiple forests...

Now I understand.  My confusion arose from the fact that in your original post you did not specify that there were domain admins with competing philosophies about schema modification.

Joe from Brooklyn
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: