pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 11:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-081 Exchange 5.5
| | | |-+  Passed
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Passed  (Read 1304 times)
Hoooooo

View Profile WWW
« on: April 23, 2000, 05:54:00 AM »

Score: 800  
30 questions, 90 minutes
Not adaptive, you can mark and change answers

I studied the usual, sybex book (study Guide.  The red, blk and white, hardcover big one).  I must have gotton a totally different test from Oblivion.  I got 24 out of 30 questions from there.  I got such a low score because I did not get through all the questions in the back of the book, it was a mistake but I still passed.  I didn't believe all the posts about sybex having all the questions.  I'm hear to tell you, study all the questions in the back of the book.  Out of the 24 I got, almost 18 were near verbatim.

There are some minor rewording on the rest, but nothing you can't figure out.

I got a question about 1 server and 5 sysadmins who were going to install 5 sites.  What needed to happen so all sites would have same permissions.  (Not exact wording but you get the idea.  Choices were similar to this:
a.  Make a global group, put all 5 in there and make them a member of the domain admins group
b.  Make a domain account, the acct has log in as system, and some other permissions.
c.  make a local group account and have the 5 sysadmins login under thier own administrative accts.
d.  Some other option with global acct you can rule out

I chose "C", I was wrong, it should have been "a".  It did not specifically mention other domains so I assumed it to be local and assumed even if it was global, you'd have to put them in a local admins group to get the access.  I looked it up and "A" is the right answer.  To make sure, know what permissions it takes to install exchange.  We know for sure you have to be admin, I think server operator may possibly be able to do it, go check.

I had the Digital A-1 question.  I've seen just short blurps on the dumps, not enuff for me to know it was coming and how to tackle it.  It went something like this:

Your exchange server is using SMTP.  There is a unix server named Digital A-1.  You want to send email to everyone on the internet inclusing Digital A-1 using smtp.(this is not exact wording to say the least but this is what you need to answer)

A.  Use DNS for all except digital.  Setup Hosts file for Digital
B.  Use DNS for all except digital.  Setup lmhosts file for Digital
C.  Set relay to Digital directly
D.  Something else with relay

I chose "A", you know lmhosts is out.  I don't know enuff about relay to be able to rule those out

The other 4 that were not in Sybex, I can't hardly remember them.  One had to do with the default.prf but it wasn't anything near to whats in the dumps and I don't remember the details at the moment.

If you study the questions in the back of the Sybex book, you will pass this test.

If you don't have the Sybex book, then find stonecolds dump or a variation of it.  Do a search in a search engine.
DOA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2000, 07:44:00 AM »

Congratulations

Way to go man

How long did it take u to study for the test

DOA
Hoooooo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2000, 02:44:00 AM »

Thanks.  I used one week to study for it
jgibson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2000, 08:21:00 PM »

I've passed 4 exams so far and exchange 5.5 will be my first elective. I found the transcenders to be a good study source. Did you use them in preparation for this test or just stick to the book?
Hoooooo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2000, 11:50:00 PM »

I mainly used the book.  I'm a firm believer in transcenders too.  Even if they don't have the exact questions, the explanations they provide for subjects helps you learn.  Too bad they cost so much and ppl have to pirate them.  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: