pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  Suggestions invited
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions invited  (Read 1168 times)
Andrew4

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2003, 01:54:19 AM »

Hello everybody!

I am new to this forum.

I am a graduate computer engineer, and I want to do MCSE certification. I have started my studies with the study materials already I had. But I am not finding it out to be sufficient.

Your kind suggestions regarding study materials are, therefore, most invited.

I shall be highly obliged.

Thanks

Andrew4
believe in the best
Tarzanboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 04:25:39 AM »

Study guides are okay. The MOCs are the best (so I've heard). The Microsoft Press books are adequate as far as teaching you how to do basic tricks.

You'll want to peruse the Microsoft for white papers, resource guides and knowledge base articles. Check online newsgroups for tidbits in regards to problems and solutions.

I found Minasi's book "Mastering Windows 2000 Server" very informative and helpful when it came to explaining the hows and whys.

However the best guide is getting into the OS and breaking it. Then when you have gotten tired of that creating a domain, messing it up and fixing it.

Cheers,
TB
Andrew4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 12:03:34 AM »

Thank you very much for your kind suggestion. I am using Microsoft Press books and those are really good.

I want some information about online study materials and test papers. If you have some knowledge about that please inform me.

Thanks again,
Andrew

cheers!

Andrew4
believe in the best
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 09:17:17 PM »

Start with the Microsoft site. There's enough there to keep you busy for a long time. First go to the Training and Certification page and review the exams required for MCSE, as well as topics for each exam and corresponding course descriptions. Next on to the Technet section for the Resource Kit for whatever product you may be studying. Also look for How-To guides in the Technet section, for step-by-step instructions on various procedures.

As far as third party online resources, check Certcities. c o m, for their 'Guilt Free Guide to Exam Practice Questions'. There are enough links to study guides, practice exams and questions sent via email daily, to keep you occupied for a long time.

Obviously, get your hands on the product, install, configure, break, fix, etc. Best of luck!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: