pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  CTT cert and job prospects
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CTT cert and job prospects  (Read 2342 times)
dlj189

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2003, 06:15:11 PM »

How much weight does the Comp TIA CTT+ carry in the work force when no other experience, nor any other formal technical training is present. I do have an associates degree in Fine Arts.

Will I be able to get a decent entry level job? Should I get some other certification to go with it to prove mastery of some specific technical area to make myself more marketable?
If, so what do you think might be most useful in the current market?

Thanks

My Occupation is: Freelance Computer Tutoring/Training, Administrative & Technical Support Services
My Education is: Assoc degree in Fine Arts
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 06:49:04 PM »

The CTT+ is a great cert for obtaining training positions.

The only thing is that you have to videotape yourself teaching a course - and I believe you have to be certified in the course you videotape yourself teaching.

Because it is a Certified Technical Trainer position, I'm fairly certain you have to have had some technical training to obtain it.

Although, it doesn't hurt to try.

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
dlj189

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:50:45 PM »

I passed the CTT CBT in March 2004, with no formal training-self-study only, only one semester of community college level teaching experience, and my natural gifts.

I am still preparing to make the video. I was worried about not having any other certs to list on the CTT application form. Then I noticed this new cert called IC3, which is for basic computer skills. This is the subject matter I want to teach so I plan to pass this, then prepare my CTT video using IC3 subject matter, then apply for the IC3 certified instructor credential. Does this sound like a good plan?

My Occupation is: Freelance Computer Tutoring/Training, Administrative & Technical Support Services
My Education is: Assoc degree in Fine Arts
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: