pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 08:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  Exchange server 2000
| | | |-+  70-224
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-224  (Read 2313 times)
stepfaul

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2003, 11:50:28 AM »

Guys and Girls,

Is this the right forum for 70-224 ?

Seems very quite.

I am just starting to study for this exam after finishing 216. The 216 forum is a lot busier.

I shall return...

SF

You are the administrator of a Windows 2000 network comprising of........
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 12:11:27 PM »

I'm probably the only one currently working on this one here, right now. I have been at it since late October. I have three servers in two different labs, the one at home is attached to the internet. I recommend a lot of hands on with this one. I actually started by going through MS Press Exchange 5.5 exam book and working with Exchange 5.5. There seems to be a lot of questions about the comparision of the two. A lot of migration and interoperability issues to cover. I am currently planning for the end of May on this one. This is a good skillset to have some knowledge in. Best of luck on 216!
hershal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 12:29:38 PM »

Among other things, Make sure that you KNOW how to recover.  The MOC hardly touches it, but it will be a large protion of the test, and VERY important
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 12:33:24 PM »

Great advice! Planning backup types and schedule, restore and recovery procedures, which tools to use, when and what the implications of using those tools are. Very complex, hoping to get a tape drive working on my server at home for some practice, to bad the ones I have access to are not working and would take too much study time up to fix. I keep looking.
Shiryu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 02:46:57 PM »

I'm study for exchange too jeff Cheesy

Jao Enstasu Kokuryuha!!!!!!!!!!!
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 03:36:58 PM »

Cool! I hadn't read that specifically. How's it going?
stepfaul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 04:37:16 PM »

Looks like I have picked another hard one.
I know nothing about Exchange as the company I work for are using Notes R5.

It's all good stuff though, will start revising in a couple of weeks time. I have got myself 2 DC's and 2 clients.

Thanks for the advice though.

SF

You are the administrator of a Windows 2000 network comprising of........
hershal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 12:44:37 PM »

Actually it wasn't overly difficult, and in knowing exchange then you can really market yourself.

I dont' advise the MOC.  It's ok for examples and exercises, but fairly brief.  Also I used sybex,  but it was just so-so.

I would suggest the Microsoft Press book (isbn 0-7356-1028-2). AWSOME !  

But you really have to prcatice.  I would suggest three machines and a Router/Switch to get the real feeling of the exchange environment.  Let me know if you have any questions.
pam9366

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 08:39:55 PM »

I am also starting to study on this one.  I was going to do 219 next but it isn't a elective for mcsa so will do this one and get it out of the way.

I have sybex and smart force.  Do you think that is enough or should I also get the MS press book?

I will be doing a server install in a couple of weeks and migrating from 5.5 to 2000.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change and the wisdom to know where to bury the bodies
vorn98

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 11:27:33 PM »

Just completed my exchange class and now I've installed and got my clients up and running with it - however (big comma) my DC doesn't seem to want to talk to the exchange server.

I have 2 DC's in Native mode.  The primary DC is my box.  I've run /forestprep and /domainprep and installed exchange on my other DC up to and including SP3.  Now I've tested 4 clients and can get to my mailboxes and see the public folders I've created on all except my primary DC.  I've got the exchange system manager on both DC's and my stores are loading.  On my DC if I run system manager I get a failure stating that my store services are not running.  The server is listed as my other DC (the exchange box) but I don't even have the opportunity to mount those stores.  If I look at the properties under the database tab and try to browse it tells me I can't do that because the stores need to be on the same PC as me - tho we did this in class and it worked just great!

I was going to start up collaboration and IM but hesitate till I can get this running right.  I've made some modifications to the DNS in preparation for the IM and chat and again all my clients seem to find the exchange alright ...

I access both DC's as administrator (the same user that installed exchange.  I am a member of schema, enterprise and domain admins group (having the additional rights).

Any ideas?
Joan0618

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2003, 08:32:40 AM »

I have decided that management is just not me, want to get back in the technical hands-on field again.  Already have my MCSE 2000, but my skills are too general.  Used to do email and like it so I think this is a good move.  Passed the MSMail exam (a million years ago), Exchange 4.0 and 5.0 (hard to stay current in mail.)  But thing have changed a lot, so I need to do some serious work here.  Always liked these forums!!!
urbman
Working out is fun!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 02:21:15 PM »

Originally posted by vorn98
Just completed my exchange class and now I've installed and got my clients up and running with it - however (big comma) my DC doesn't seem to want to talk to the exchange server.

I had a very similar experience with E2K.  We were upgrading our 5.5 domain to 2k.  When I tried to add a new server to the domain I ended up with all sorts of permissions problems.  I have to assume MS doesn't have all the bugs worked out of this.  We ended up calling MS tech support and it took them 3 days and 13 hours on the phone to get it running.  they had to examine all the logs and remote in a few times.  Seems that when you are setting up e2k one huge thing to double check are you SRS accounts, exchange administrator account and domain admin account.  I think if you are in a small domain where you may have all 3 being the same you run into troubles.  If you can I would break it down and start over.  You might be further ahead in the long run.

I need more power!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: