pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 07:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Server 2003
| | |-+  Finally
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Finally  (Read 839 times)
NetChild1985
RedHater

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2003, 08:42:27 AM »

Finally I got W2K3 Server Enterprise Edition. I spent almost all the night installing and testing it in my home lab (promoted one of my machines to DC, setup routing, DHCP, DNS, IIS). I'm really impressed. It boots faster and the performance is slightly better than W2K(Tested on PIII 733Mhz, 384megs of RAM, 2x30GB in RAID 1). The OS seems extremely reliable. There are some improvements to AD, Networking, Terminal Services, GP, the GUI, etc...but nothing is revolutionized at all (That's NT 5.2, not NT 6). I really like the web based administration feature included with IIS 6. It let me do all the administrative work (manage user accounts, services...and I even can schedule a shutdown) from anywhere on my network. Unfortunately, SQL Server 7 and Exchange 2000 are not supported and can not be installed on 2K3 Server. Also I had troubles installing drivers for one of the three NICs on this machine. The Netgear wasn't autodetected (strangely, isn't it), so I had to download the XP drivers. Anyway, now everything works just fine. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2003, 01:21:18 PM by NetChild1985 » Logged

Using a digital nervous system
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: