pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 10:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-218
| | |-+  Exam track
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Exam track  (Read 1489 times)
aawmorris
!

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2003, 12:07:09 AM »

Hi all,

I passed my server exam today.  My question is, do you think that the 216 or the 218 should be the next exam that I take.  Also, the objectives for the 218 are not anything new.  After taking a few practice exams and reading the objectives on Microsoft's site, I believe that I could pass the test now.  What are the biggest differences or do the tests build on what has already been covered.  Please help.

peace out
Aaron

late,
AWM
nero64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 08:59:08 AM »

I'm doing the reading for 218 now. There is some things re-hashed from 215 but it goes into much more detail on things like DNS, DHCP, IIS, and WINS. I'm not taking it lightly. I would go it hard for a month then do the exam. The extra learning is useful to.
cm2gj
www.cm2gj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 07:37:38 PM »

Originally posted by aawmorris
Hi all,

I passed my server exam today.  My question is, do you think that the 216 or the 218 should be the next exam that I take.  Also, the objectives for the 218 are not anything new.  After taking a few practice exams and reading the objectives on Microsoft's site, I believe that I could pass the test now.  What are the biggest differences or do the tests build on what has already been covered.  Please help.

peace out
Aaron

the 216 is one of the hardest exam on the MS tracks. you can take now 218 or you can crush your brain and pass 216. the 210/215/216 knowledge togheter can help you for 70218.

certain 70217 knowledge is important for 70218 too....

Best Regards
Alex
alexisgarcia72@hotmail.com
Cuban in Mexico
www.cm2gj.com
cm2gj
www.cm2gj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 07:38:53 PM »

Originally posted by aawmorris
Hi all,

peace out
Aaron

another path for you is to take N+ instead of 216. as you have A+ certification, this A+ and the N+ give you the chance to avoid the 70216 exam.

so if you pass 218 and N+ exams, you get the MCSA..... Cheesy  and you avoid the 216 beast.

Best Regards
Alex
alexisgarcia72@hotmail.com
Cuban in Mexico
www.cm2gj.com
aawmorris
!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 09:42:45 PM »

But don't I eventually need the 216 for the MCSE.  If so, then I might as well take it also.

peace
Aaron

late,
AWM
Djalminha

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2003, 02:59:07 AM »

aawmorris,

218 is not a walk in the park.
There a lot of troubleshooting questions. In other words, knowledge that you get mostly in the field.

216 worth every minute spent reading, re-reading, using, testing, network concepts. It will prepare your soul and your mind to exams like 221 and 219. This article gave me a lot of inspiration to study for The Beast.
Read Here

Whatever path you choose, Good Luck!

{}'s

"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
Emo Phillips
aawmorris
!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2003, 01:10:22 PM »

thanx for the link, DJ.

peace out
Aaron

late,
AWM
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »