pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Introduction
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2517 times)
JeepGirl

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2003, 01:56:23 PM »

My current instructor for N+ told me about this site so I just thought I would introduce myself.  I'm a single mom living in Las Vegas and I am currently in school taking classes to prepare for the A+ N+ MCSA, and MCSE.  

I'm going to take the A+Core and the A+OS at the end of this month so I've been studying hard Wink

I'm sure you all have answered this question a million times, but I'm going to ask again.  Any tips for preparing and studying for the A+?
Crutch
Green Chile Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 04:05:33 AM »

Welcome to examnotes.net.  I take it by looking at your username, that you own a jeep.  Good for you.  I'm an avid 4x4 fanatic myself.  Back to the question.  Studying for A+ is different for everyone.  But there are some good resources out there to help.  First and foremost should be the A+ forum here.  Post your tough questions and get them answered the same day, or just peruse through the forum.

For me, two godsends have been CBT Nuggets and Transcenders.  CBT Nuggets (http://www.cbtnuggets.com) replaces classroom learning. It's computer-based training that comes to you via CDs.  The CDs cover everything you need to know, plus you have the ability to review all or parts of the CD anytime you want.  Go to http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=3 to check them out.  $199 for 2 CD's is much cheaper than a class.

Transcenders are testing software.  Though, they can get expensive.  Check them out at http://www.transcender.com/products/list.asp?Vendor=CompTIA&CertTrack=A%2B.  When studying for tests with the transcenders, if you can score 80% or better, then you are ready for the actual exam.  There are other testing software companies out there that are much cheaper (Testking, Cheet-sheets, etc), but I don't have experience with them.

Because I spend 3 hours per day commuting to work, I'm seriously considering buying study CD's from Audiowhiz.  I might as well be productive during the commute.

The cool thing about this site is the help you can recieve from other users.  Everyone has been, or is at, the same place you are today.  Everyone is willing to help you.

Good Luck!

Crutch
Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 12:25:25 PM »

Know the PC inside and outside!

it is very easy.

Good Luck..

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
flext

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 12:16:09 PM »

Start hanging out in the A+ forum all kinds of good advice and tips from good people

Ed

A+ Question of the Day Guy

:cool: :cool: :cool:

The difficult I do right away
THe Impossible takes me a little longer
If you can read this your having a good day your alive
I hope life isn"t a big joke, because I don"t get It
I will not go quietly into the night
Thanks uncle JED its been Fun
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Ed Flipsen
CNA 5.0
CCNA
MCSE  
MCP Exchange 5.5
Network +  A +  Inet+ Server+
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 08:33:59 PM »

Click here.

RD
6slave6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 07:02:56 PM »

Welcome Jeepgirl!!!

The best advice I could give to you is to hang around these forums.  I am amazed at what I learn here everyday.  I would also suggest that you get Mike Meyers All-In-One book and read it cover to cover making sure you are grasping all of the concepts he talks about.  After that take as many FREE online sample tests as you can.  After this you should be well prepared.

Best of luck to you in the future and keep us updated.

All work and no play makes Jeff something something......

http://download.consumptionjunction.com/multimedia/cj_12648.wmv
outcast670

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 12:05:50 AM »

Hi...

Congrats on working towards your certification.  I suggest you visit all the practice exam sites you can.  One is braindump.com.  Go their and find exam questions for A+.  What I also did is I built a PC from scratch...that really helped with the hardware portion of the exam.  Hope this helps....try it.  I was really intimidated with the hardware at first but now...I'm very comfortable with it.

Good luck.

N
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2003, 06:37:20 PM »

Hi,

Good luck with your studies.

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »