pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 10:47:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-221
| | | |-+  Passed!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Passed!  (Read 4386 times)
unreal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2003, 10:08:37 PM »

Quek,

Not exactly, but not totally untrue either. With this global recession going on-Lots of IT Pros on the streets reading newspapers for scarce jobs with dwlinding salary. The days where you can 'hop' around jobs to get a 30 % pay increase is history. The thought of having certs with no jobs with higher pay in the job market dampens the 'drive' I guess Sad

God !!! with an average of 6 hours of study, you can really 'grind' an Iron-Bar into a 'sewing-pin' !!!
I only get home late around 9p.m , make myself a hot tea, after the bath, and do my Transcender tests with my half-open eyes in front of the CRT. Man what a 'life' Sad
Though I can study SAT & SUN.

Me Reading at Borders, well actually opposite Borders at Macdonales near Shaw Building to be exact...
Usually near Funan center at this IT bookshop, it's a good haunt of me often.

" When asked if he felt discouraged by the 1,073 failures he had before inventing the electric light bulb, "I did not fail 1,073 times; I found 1,073 ways not to do it."

Thomas Edison.
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2003, 10:36:16 PM »

Unreal

Like me, you must visiting the forum whilst working. Definitely agree with you there but Malaysia is pretty much 5 years behind Singapore when it comes to IT.

The infrastructure is still being built, the deals are still here. I personally want to go into sol. development in a small IT outfit. I think that's where the money is in the future. This is a huge market niche, every IT outfit wants big corporate clients but feel realise that the SMI are the ones with the money. What do you think?

Hey, you should think of travelling to where the good jobs are. Got a contact in Brunei who's recently close a cool B$1m IT project. (with more in the works - not much competition there.)

I'm just winding down my study pace - recovering from flu and not taking any chances. I spent my last 3 months burning midnight candles at both ends. Its beginning to show in my health. In my 20s, I used to bust my back for my employer usually working late into the night. Can't keep doing this in my 30s, getting oldlah!

I might just drop by and have coffee with you at the bookstore the next time I visit SG. I hear AirAsia is planning a RMxx flight to SG soon (hopefully from KCH).

drhixson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2003, 11:43:31 AM »

Hey Kuek, sorry i've been missing you on MSN messenger... So how are the exams going? Boy, if you keep this up your going to outshow me!!

Well I wish you the best of luck, and perhaps I'll see you around MSN again.. I think the 9 or 10 hour time difference may have something to do with it...lol

See ya!
Dennis
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2003, 08:58:56 PM »

Yo drhixson

I normally go awol on weekends! Cool isn't it, messenging across time zones. Take care! Catch you another time.

kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2003, 08:40:48 AM »

Guys

Sat for 228 today and passed (feeling very relieved). 228 is very challenging, not recommended for the faint hearted. Good thing I'd some experience in this area running SQL on an SBS.

So, MCSE at last. Many thanks to all who journeyed with me from the very beginning (notably Dennis).

229 next to climb! Shiryu & Unreal, on with the march ... Good luck with your finals!

unreal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2003, 08:51:57 AM »

Thumbs up kuek Smiley
This is a beginning of a good harvest of certificates for you ya ?

Well done !!!

" When asked if he felt discouraged by the 1,073 failures he had before inventing the electric light bulb, "I did not fail 1,073 times; I found 1,073 ways not to do it."

Thomas Edison.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2003, 10:04:43 AM »

awesome job Smiley

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2003, 11:07:40 AM »

Freak

Got a question for you. You're probably the best person to ask - I'm currently a college tutor for Accounting related courses and I'm planning to teach IT related stuff in the future.

Would it be wiser for me to invest my time & effort in a DipEd or a CTT+. Your feedback would be appreciated.

freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2003, 11:15:05 AM »

To my knowledge, the only real "cert" that makes a difference as far as teaching IT is concerned is the MCT. CTT+ I had to look up to see what it was. I have never seen it on a resume before. As for DipEd, I don't know what it is. I did go for a Master's Degree in Education, and taught at College for several years, which helped the transition when I started teaching IT stuff...

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2003, 08:32:19 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I ask since you hold a masters in Ed. A DipEd is actually Diploma in Education. Most people in education without formal teaching qualifications would try to get this first (I reckon) if they planned on staying in education.

BTW CTT+ is actually a prerequisite for MCT. Hey, since you're an experienced MCT with M.Ed, you're the most qualified person to write some Training Guides on CTT+ (had quite a hard time, getting materials) to be distributed on your site.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: