pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 09:45:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-221
| | | |-+  Passed!
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Passed!  (Read 4385 times)
kuek

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2003, 03:55:17 AM »

Passed with 780! Plenty fo reading and lots of ambiguous questions. Tricky but you've got plenty of time: 245 mins.

As with Tomcat21, no calculator available for subnetting questions.

Helps a lot if you draw diagrams as you read and note down what you think are the key points. If you have passed 216, this will be a piece of cake.

Good luck all!

Shiryu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 12:04:54 PM »

Excellent Job Dude. Smiley

Jao Enstasu Kokuryuha!!!!!!!!!!!
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 12:17:19 PM »

Congrats on your pass!

- -- Anti Dublin Crew -- -
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 08:30:56 PM »

Thanks guys - I was beginning to think 221 is a ghost town. Rus, good to have you here as moderator.

jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 09:48:25 PM »

Great Job!!!
Djalminha

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 11:31:18 AM »

kuek,

Congratulations!!!
Hey, 221 defintely is not a piece of cake.

{}'s

"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
Emo Phillips
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2003, 08:35:50 PM »

Yep, that's why I've said at the start that its full of ambiguous & tricky questions!

With 216 and having gone through lots of case studies preparation with exam technique, it does make it easier.

Don't forget the objective is to find out what is it what the client wants and giving a solution matching the request. That means sorting out the bits that are important from waffle.

This is not much more different from biz case studies. Perhaps because I design cost accounting system for a living that I find it easier. Being faced with lots of tricky scenarios frequently probably made it easier.

Djalminha

View Profile
OK
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 12:52:34 AM »

kuek,

I've underestimated 221 and almost failed.
I've got 632, mostly, by an insufficient preparation.

I said that for those to intend to do the 221 exam. In other words, study hard. :rolleyes:

P.S. I need to prep  my income tax return.
Kidding Cheesy
Kuek, what is the next one?

{}'s

"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
Emo Phillips
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2003, 02:31:22 AM »

Djalminha

221 is definitely not to be underestimated. M$ makes more $$$ when a candidate resits. It's to their advantage to make it 'challenging'.

As least in our case, we won't have to be 'taxed' again.

228 is my final target. Started work on the MSPress kit & labs. It'll be a while before I see the exam room. Damn! the MCSE is so close and yet so far.

For you, I'm sure you can take it easy. Are you after anymore credentials?Wink

Spid
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2003, 02:33:12 PM »

Well done kuek!!

"I was planning to take over the world, but got distracted by something sparkly..."
unreal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2003, 09:07:54 AM »

What a achievement !!! See you walk over  216,217 & 221 in less than a month or two- If I've remembered correctly Cheesy

I'll take on the '221' on Monday. Hope I get over this one, and finish one more before June to complete the MCSE 2k....

" When asked if he felt discouraged by the 1,073 failures he had before inventing the electric light bulb, "I did not fail 1,073 times; I found 1,073 ways not to do it."

Thomas Edison.
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 09:54:27 AM »

Hi Unreal

Good luck on Mon. You'll aced it!

Hey, I knew you Singas are 'Kiasu' one. Every exam has got an emphasis (like 217 on GP - on your advice which I took). Figure it out and you get to hit those areas hard and 'hopefully' pass.

My 216 system blackout incident actually resulted in me going over the same materials again and again in anticipation of a resit. That definitely helped.

Further to that, I was so pissed with the time loss that I decided to take a chance on 221 (was ready to write off 1 exam).

June for the next one - you're really taking it easy - Are you reading the training kits at Borders while having your coffee? (Hey - just joking, ya - lol).

What's your study regime like? Mine includes putting in an average of 6 hours on a working day (yep, I'm studying at work) & 12 hours on an off-day. Anyway, since I'm taking my cue from you, I better take it easy as well.

Considering the current health crisis, stress can't be good.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Djalminha

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2003, 11:51:02 AM »

kuek,

I'll probably take CCNA, but i'm not sure.

P.S. 6 hours in a working day?! :eek:
You and drhixon (where are you drhixon?) are the champion - deep geeks! :rolleyes: Cheesy

Good Luck in advance!
{}'s

Emo Phillips
kuek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 08:36:59 PM »

Originally posted by Djalminha
kuek,

I'll probably take CCNA, but i'm not sure.

P.S. 6 hours in a working day?! :eek:
You and drhixon (where are you drhixon?) are the champion - deep geeks! :rolleyes: Cheesy

Good Luck in advance!
{}'s

lol - You're no more a geek than we are. In terms of 'cramming speed', I'm a 'pussycat' compared with drhixson. I chat with drhixson regularly on MS Messenger. He's a regular now on tek-tips .com. Check it out!

You can get me on: laurencekuek@msn.com on MS Messenger if you want to chat sometime.

Great, CCNA, don't hesitate, continue & don't stop till you hit CCIE. You'll do well!

Hmmm... I wonder where other people go after they get their MCSEs? Lots of them disappear from EN. :confused:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 08:56:37 PM by kuek » Logged

drhixson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 09:24:37 PM »

Hey all!!  Here I am!!  Sorry I have been out for a little bit... started a new job as a IT Manager and its taking most of my time.. How is everyone!

Kuek - your the best!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: