pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 01:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-218
| | |-+  Am I crazy? (diskpart differences WinXPp/2kS?)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Am I crazy? (diskpart differences WinXPp/2kS?)  (Read 521 times)
buddahfool
Walker of The Way

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2003, 12:21:25 AM »

Hi guys,
 This is from a practice test I was doing:

96. You are the desktop administrator for your company. Each of the company's desktop computers has been upgraded from Windows NT Workstation 4.0 to Windows 2000 Professional. The hard disk on each computer has one NTFS partition.

One of the desktop computers has an application that stores its large data files on drive C. Recently the user of this computer has been running out of disk space on drive C. However, the computer's hard disk still contains unallocated space.

You need to increase available disk space on drive C on this computer. What should you do?

A. Create a partition by using unallocated space, and configure this partition as a mount point on drive C

B. Create a stripe set that includes unallocated space and drive C.

C. Upgrade the hard disk from a basic disk to a dynamic disk.

D. Extend drive C by using unallocated space.

Answer: A

Explanation: The 2nd partition can be formatted and then be mounted to an empty folder on drive C.

Incorrect Answers:

B: To make a stripe set you must you have unpartitioned disk space on at least two disks, typically two physical disks. Here we only have one hard disk with two partitions, and one of the partitions is already used. It would be impossible to make a stripe set.

C: Converting the disk to a dynamic disk would not free any disk space.

D: You can only extend dynamic volumes. Since this computer was upgraded from Windows NT 4.0 it would have a basic disk.

The thing is I have extended the size of a basic disk myself at home with my Windows XP Pro Machine (see below from MMC help file).  

Is this...
a) just different on a Windows 2k Server?
 -or-
b) the Microsoft official test think verses reality?
 -or-
c) This practice test was wrong?

I would like to to know the way to answer this on the test though I am also interested in the reality...  Smiley

To extend a basic volume
Open Command Prompt.
Type:
diskpart

At the DISKPART prompt, type:
list volume

Make note of the number of the basic volume you want to extend.

select volume n

Selects the basic volume, n, you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

extend [size=n]

Extends the selected volume by size=n megabytes (MB).

"With tranquility the small departs and the great arrives with auspicious success"
  --I Ching
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: